To condense my life story into five minutes is nearly impossible. All of the adjectives that could describe my emotions would be equate to about five minutes. When it comes to expressing my life and anything about myself it hard to talk about. Opening up to strangers in a way has always been a fear of mine. The trust issues I have developed over the years has forced me to keep introverted and unable to consider myself emotional.When I sat down to put together my presentation I stared at a blank screen for a solid ten minutes. I was unable to process anything or even think of where to begin. The way that I chose what to share boiled down to pivotal moments, fun facts and my interests. I figured that would give a broad enough view and would give my audience a chance to smile, but also learn about my struggles. I started out with static topics like my birthday and birthplace and slowly fell into more important topics.The most important page of my presentation was my jobs and hobbies. In my life my jobs and hobbies have always reflected my personality and thoughts. I started with how I had worked in a hospital all of high school. The hospital taught me gratitude. It showed me the importance in life and it also taught me the most valuable lesson of all, everyone is fighting their own battles. Sometimes I feel as though everyone has selfish pity for themselves. They believe that their hardship is the saddest, hardest to deal with or the most hurtful. In life, God has dealt us our cards different. We don’t deserve anything, rather we should earn everything. We always want more and things we can’t have. For example, when someones’s dad dies of cancer you automatically think, “how terrible”. Think about this, if someone else grew up an only child and had had a dog since birth. The dog was like their best friend and “sibling role”, and suddenly one day it passed away. Which situation is worse? They are both unfortunate so why constantly make it a competition between stories. I have dealt with cancer in my life since birth and it is a sad truth that is always present. Why dwell? Why not celebrate?
When I got to the part of the presentation about my Dad I didn’t do it for attention, I did it because this is also a way I learned that lesson. My Dad’s drug addiction has been a dark horse that I wish would just go away, but I can wish all day. God believes in my strength and has also given me a new role. I have become a parental figure in my brothers life due to this instance. It is a double edged sword. Life is tough yes, but sometimes the toughest lives bring the most gratitude and this five minutes of me project just reminds me to always count my blessings.
Moving Forward:
Availability of my mental strength. Next semester I want to be able to stay more level headed and not allow myself to get stressed out as easily. I want to strategize my time management before hand that way I don't feel overwhelmed and as if I can't handle anything. I will do this by staying positive and controlling the controllable.
Deliver a plan to stay on track. To not always socialize and go out even when it seems like the more desirable road. My sticking to a plan I will develop better study habits and time management. With this plan I hope to implement a structured day so that way I can accomplish more stress free. That is the key to next semester, handling stress in a healthier manner.
Always go the extra mile. Work those extra hours at work even when you want to go out on the weekends. Always do your homework on time and give yourself time to finish longer assignments. Always be kind and courteous even if others do not reciprocate. Always stay true to your morals and values even if it seems easy to detour down another road. Always control your attitude.
Positivity is the key to success. By staying positive I will always be able to say when I go to sleep that I was the best I could be that day. By staying positive it can cause an infectious mood to those around me and hopefully can be a pick me up for someone having a bad day. Overall by staying positive I stay happier and healthy.
Trust in the fact that everything happens for a reason. That you may fail a test that you studied incredibly hard for, but remember that I am still alive and able to change my attitude. By trusting in my faith, family and friends that way I stay grounded when all I want to do is fly off my path and give up. By trusting in the idea that I am where I am supposed to be and am content with how I am living my life to the fullest in the way that I was raised to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment