Monday, December 17, 2012

Student vs. Learner

STUDENT VS LEARNER

Student- noun- A person who is studying at a school or college.
When I think of a student I automatically think of myself this semester. I am enrolled as a Boise State University full-time student. Which ultimately means I am a name on a piece of paper that says will be enrolled in classes and going to school.I would say in the beginning of the semester I was a student. I thought I had it all figured out, when in reality I didn't. I went to class did the required elements and socialized. When in reality I never went the extra mile to work harder. For example in Biology, I would go to class, take notes and take the tests, but wouldn't do the extra studying to pass the tests. I figured out to little to late that I needed to go the extra mile and study extra hours to get the best possible grade I could. That is why I am on track to now be a learner.



Learner- noun-someone (especially a child) who learns (as from a teacher) or takes up knowledge or beliefs. To me a learner is someone who is always doing extra to get involved, the extra credit opportunities and not procrastinating. They are the students that take the advice of their professors and actually go the extra mile. My goals for next semester to be a learner is to go to my professors office hours, ask questions, do extra credit, study notes not just write them down and get together in more study groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment